Thursday, September 6, 2007

The Move is Complete

We're here! In Michigan. We moved last Monday and last weekend, he-man had to go back to tie up loose ends in TN, and now there's just the unpacking to do. The kids started back to school (2 high school, 1 middle) and DS#1 is still in Canada, trying out for a junior hockey team. He's been doing that since the 27th and we still don't know if he'll make the team. He's made it this far, though, and that's not bad for a kid who couldn't stop on the ice something like 5 years ago. I'm so proud of him for even trying. Those other kids have been doing this since they were little. We went and watched one game and will go this weekend to watch 2 more exhibition games. Then, hopefully we'll know something. We are so close to the Canadian border that when DS#1 tore his contact the other morning, I was able to take him his spare contacts (yes, I know - he should have had them with) without much of a problem. Only took me a few hours and that included visiting time with the in-laws! How fun is that!! Well, send me your good thoughts on getting settled. It's harder than I expected. I know that this is where we should be right now, but I'm so out-of-pocket and anxious and sad. I guess this will pass. I hope so. Ending on a positive note, it's not 109 degrees here - it's beautiful and I can go to the beach when I want! Yeah! See, I'm trying. Really, I am.

No comments: