Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Not so bad (so far)

Well, we are getting settled in - I found the Salvation Army store and we love our new church. I bought some great bargains for the house. Soon, I'll try to give a room-by-room update, as we start to paint. The weather turned really cold for a few days and I really panicked, but fear not, it's back up in the 80's all this week. All the windows are open and there's a wonderful breeze.
I thought I was doing better emotionally, but Sunday was really hard for some reason. The songs in church made me cry and then the sermon was on the "Lost Sheep". My sheep is not lost, but not here with me. I know that lots of people are away from their family. Heck, I'm away from my Mom and my Dad, too. There's just something about leaving DD and the grandson. Did I get too close? Is there such a thing? Will I ever be able to sit through church without crying? Will I ever stop being a baby? Stayed tuned .... I'm sure that there's more drama to come. Oh, on an ironic note, the Canadian he-man is the first one of the two of us to get a bad cold. Ha,ha. I can laugh at that because he doesn't read my blog. Poetic justice, I say. Later!!

2 comments:

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Well I stumbled across your site from another site and . . .here I am. Well, WELCOME to Michigan. It's not that bad. I've lived here all my life. The change of seasons is fantastic and I look forward to each and every one of them. You are moving here at the correct time to see the fall splendor and visit the famous Michigan Cider Mills. Welcome, welcome.

Blessings!

Susie Q said...

Thank you for your VERY sweet comment..I hope we can get to know one another well...
You DO now live in a beautiful area and I am betting you will enjoy the Fall. I know how awful moving is...have had 17 or 18 addresses...lost count!...over the last 27 years. Sucks doesn't it? And I know how hard it is to start over and be away from those you love.
Just know we will be here to help, lend a shoulder and I think you will find the blogging community really supportive!

Hey, if you are back in our area anytime...Dayton, Ohio area, let me know.: )

I send hugs and understanding!

Sue