Monday, July 2, 2007

Employment and Shoes


Currently, I am a lady of leisure (Read: unemployed, but I think that has a nicer ring) but I am looking. My job-hunting process has me thinking about how we treat one another in the big, bad world. My worst experience was being asked to come to an interview, driving 30 minutes to said interview, being kept waiting over 15 minutes only to be told by the very young person doing the interview that the only position that she had was not for me ( too much experience on my part for that position and not what I'm qualified for, nor interested in). She had my resume and application yet didn't bother to look at it for one minute. A simple phone call would have saved all that time and gas-money! I just wish that people would put themselves in other's shoes more often. Sorry, I'm starting out with a whiney post! Ok, no more. Speaking of shoes, I got a whole box of pretty much new shoes from the scuba-stepmom in my life. They didn't fit her foot right, but they fit mine! I have a little shoe fetish going on. Now, if anyone can't get their purse to fit right, I'd be in heaven!!!

No comments: